Thursday, April 1, 2010

Kitchen Chronicles - 2

There is something about boiling the milk my way. I prefer the flame to be a bit low, so i can carry on doing my usual stuff without being worried of any quick-milk-spill-causalities, which usually happens on a high flame. And the boiling milk should reach the highest point-of-drop-out from the vessel. Only then i go to turn off the gas. Thats how i have seen my mom do it. And that's how i like to do it too.

Unlike the boy, the flame will be high, he's right there in front of the milk waiting for it to just start boiling. And he's already turned off the gas even before the milk starts its raise upwards.

I have often told the boy that the germs dont get killed that way and the boy has also pointed out to me many times that the milk is already pasteurized, so requires very little boiling. Alas, my Indian brain is already set on a equation that says only when the milk is about to spill out, the germs get killed. I still prefer boiling the milk the mommy way. Let's just say, Me and the boy have had our share of fights over split milk ;) .

So today there were two of us preparing the morning breakfast and looking after the boiling milk. The milk started its raise and the boy immediately turned off the gas.

Me: You could have let it boil a few more seconds! *With hands on her hips*

Boy: What difference would it have made.. *Ohh not again .. the same drilling milk session*

Me: Well.... Psychologically..... It would have made me a lot happier then i am now..... *smiling coyly *

Boy: arrgghhh!!!


Well, am hoping that someday boy starts boiling the milk my way :)...

5 comments:

WritingsForLife said...

aww... I am sure he will, just to make you happy :-)

Suresh Kumar said...

kabhi kabhi... allow hubby to be happy na :)

But I prefer ur way. I want to reach it to the maximum level...

Pri said...

woww a small issue like this can become sucha huge chronicle after marriage isnt it? ;)
i never thought 'milk' could ever be related to psychological happiness..thats a new one! (but a cute one neverthless) :p

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Pakistan Flights said...

Gift, that’s a great well thought out article. Carry on with the struggle.
Don’t be disheartened by silly minded who chat ****.You are a winner! Thanks for sharing……

Pakistan Flights